What drivers do I need to install for new laptop?

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Just bought ASUS TUF FX505DT, and i am planning to clean install it.
Back in windows 7 if you clean install your laptop, you have to install almost everything start from WIFI driver, audio and etc to make thing works. But now in windows 10 its seems everything work perfectly without driver, last time i clean install my laptop, all i have to do is install the graphic driver and everything else just work fine. Because this is new laptop, i think its best way is to ask for advice from you guys, about what driver should i install, does installing graphic driver for both gpu (Vega 8 From R5 3550h and Gtx 1650 enough ?

And does Vega 8 from R5 3550h need driver like intel HD does ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Probably none.

Clean install and then deal with what doesn't work, which is generally very little these days.

You may want to install some of the dedicated graphics drivers, but do that after the clean install, as they're easy to source. You certainly won't be doing "almost everything."

Reactions: PeyoteFTW

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Probably none.

Clean install and then deal with what doesn't work, which is generally very little these days.

You may want to install some of the dedicated graphics drivers, but do that after the clean install, as they're easy to source. You certainly won't be doing "almost everything."

Because this is my first time using AMD GPU/APU is it correct driver for my Processor gpu ?
https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/...processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-2

The GPU is Ryzen 5 3550H mobile and Gpu is Radeon Vega 8

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
They're on the support page for your GPU from the OEM. They're the authority on this, and although I'll agree you've found the right ones my agreement is irrelevant.

If you (any you) are able to identify your hardware correctly and find the drivers on the OEM support pages for said hardware, you're not ever getting something "more authentic and definitive" than that.

Reactions: PeyoteFTW

PeyoteFTW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
They're on the support page for your GPU from the OEM. They're the authority on this, and although I'll agree you've found the right ones my agreement is irrelevant.

If you (any you) are able to identify your hardware correctly and find the drivers on the OEM support pages for said hardware, you're not ever getting something "more authentic and definitive" than that.

Looks good.

Love you both buddy! Thanks!