Question What exactly do I need to do in order to OC my 9600K?

outlawstar15a2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
So I have a i5-9600K, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi mobo, and 32GB of Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600 memory. I want to OC the memory to 3200 and OC the CPU to 4.6 which I think is the speed XMP sets it to, turn off boost, and make it so it runs at a consistent 4.6 GHz 24/7. Step by Step what do I need to do to get it running? I'm pretty sure I have sufficient cooling for the CPU cause I did this before I just don't remember how me and my friend set it up. Lmao. Can I do just with the XMP profile and if so what do I need to change?

So I have a i5-9600K, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi mobo, and 32GB of Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600 memory. I want to OC the memory to 3200 and OC the CPU to 4.6 which I think is the speed XMP sets it to, turn off boost, and make it so it runs at a consistent 4.6 GHz 24/7. Step by Step what do I need to do to get it running? I'm pretty sure I have sufficient cooling for the CPU cause I did this before I just don't remember how me and my friend set it up. Lmao. Can I do just with the XMP profile and if so what do I need to change?
You don’t need to adjust the RAM, XMP is sufficient.

To overclock the CPU, you will change the multiplier to a set all core number. When doing this you will want to find the voltage needed. If not going for an aggressive overclock you can sometimes use auto. After finishing your settings you will want to use a stress test to test stability.