Question What gaming can I do with my i5-1135G7 Iris Xe graphics laptop?

mrgrey

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
I bought a Dell Inspiron with the i5-1135G7 Iris Xe, and now await delivery. It was on sale at 20% off.

Now I did not buy the laptop for gaming, but for everyday stuff while I travel for work. It's 1080p so I am thinking streaming - plus I do creative word processing and (basic) photo editing.

However, I looked around and everyone and their brother's laptop review site is claiming that Iris Xe can rival dedicated mobile cards. So now I'm thinking, maybe light gaming?

Ok, but the problem is they all benchmark the i7 version of the processor. What about the i5? There's very little to be found in google.

I'm used to my 11-year-old i5 desktop with an older Geforce 960 card, and I have tons of games that I have not been able to finish because I simply no longer have time. But it might be fun to launch an older title while on travel.

Anyone have an idea of what could be played? I'm not asking for AAA, I like RPGs and strategy. Like what about Total War titles? Or Civ? Or Pillars of Eternity, which was based on the old Baldur's Gate style? All fun games I just never had time for.

Ok, thanks.