what good is a graphics card that dosent support direct x

dan_48

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
its says its a Nvidia G force gt 620 my device calls it a vega save and on the cooling fan it says Nvidia. final result is it dosent support direct x what good is it and why is nvidias name on it. can i get to support direct x 11 .can i get a driver that wont, crash war thunder or did i waste my money on a piece of junk EMAIL REMOVED - SS does any one know what i can do. Thank you

Solution
Nvidia made GPUs before DirectX was even thought of, though that's not relevant here. Also, only Windows supports DirectX - you can't use it on Linux, Mac OS, or any of the mobile OSs, and it's only really useful for gaming. A GPU without DirectX is perfectly usable for many purposes.

Nvidia says it supports DirectX 12, though: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-620/specifications

I suggest you try installing the drivers direct from Nvidia's website, though I'm guessing you've already tried that.

If that doesn't work, you may need to remove any other display drivers. Try this tool, then reboot and re-install the Nvidia drivers.

If all else fails, you may need to reinstall Windows.

Note that the War...
Nvidia made GPUs before DirectX was even thought of, though that's not relevant here. Also, only Windows supports DirectX - you can't use it on Linux, Mac OS, or any of the mobile OSs, and it's only really useful for gaming. A GPU without DirectX is perfectly usable for many purposes.

Nvidia says it supports DirectX 12, though: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-620/specifications

I suggest you try installing the drivers direct from Nvidia's website, though I'm guessing you've already tried that.

If that doesn't work, you may need to remove any other display drivers. Try this tool, then reboot and re-install the Nvidia drivers.

If all else fails, you may need to reinstall Windows.

Note that the War Thunder minimum requirements say that you need at least a 7800GT; GTX 460 recommended. Our GPU hierarchy doesn't seem to have the GT620, but it says the GT630 is slower than the 460 and only a little faster than the 7800GT. Your GPU simply may not be fast enough - it's not really a 'gaming' card.

Solution

Does not sound like you installed drivers for the video card, it should not be called "vega save" which I am guessing is VGA, although not sure where the save would be coming from.

You need a bit of details here as to what is going on, what you did and what exactly is happening. Did you just buy this video card or did it work fine before? The GT 620 is also a 3 year old lower end video card, did you get a new one or was it a used one? Did you test it first before buying it if it's used?

dan_48

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

TRENDING THREADS