[SOLVED] What GPU is Good for a 180w PSU???

Aug 1, 2020
I want to pc game but i dont have the money to buy a better computer to game on so i want to go the next best root and maybe upgrade a prebuilt pc what is the best thing i could do???

Solution
180 watts isn't enough to run a decent gaming card. At best you could try a GT 710, but that's barely more capable than your (likely) on-board graphics and IMO, wasted money.

-Wolf sends
It depends on your other components, too
https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
The PSU upgrade is a good idea, that also depends on cash and patience. If one is on a budget, literally every step then can be a mistake. If you can cover the total wattage, along with the gpu, it's good not to have a very old PSU (like 5-10-years one). At least this is what I think...my potato PSU still hasn't failed, but it's a relatively new one. Previous one was hi-quality, but low-wattage and 9-10 years.
Maybe the gt 1030 can be the best, e.g. if you can find some used cheap one, or with discount. It takes 30 W and is a gpu capable of serving low-profile systems, mb the best possible for such situations.
And from there on there come other gpus from the GT series, like the GT 730 (38 W), GT 710 (19 W) and so on - generally from NVIDIA you may be able to use different GT video cards, not from the RTX, GTX or GTS series. There are also radeon equivalents...

Last edited: