[SOLVED] What GPU to buy?

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
So my specs at the moment are i5-3470, 8gb ram ddr3, rx 550 2gb
and i have a 450W psu.
I saw this rx 470 8gb on a site in my country for just 83 euros, full working, but second-hand.
Then i saw a rx 580 8gb with 90 euros, but i need a 500W psu, and i don't have the money to upgrade the psu (just bought the new 450W psu few days ago)
Then i was searching for a rx 570, can't find any in my country but i saw on ebay, im scared to buy from ebay.
So does anyone have some opinions for me? I really need a gpu at the moment

Solution
@John Chesterfield, yea I was a bit suspicious of the lack of specs on the site as well.

@Giorici, If possible return the unit and get something better, the minimum I'd recommend for the RX 580 is the Corsair CX/M 55W (grey label) or the 450W version for the RX 470/570. The PSU is the heart of the system and the single most important part of your build, going with a low quality unit may ruin your new parts and garbage units can even catch on fire. Also with the CX/M you can get the GTX 1650 Super which performs as good as the RX 580 with a lower power requirement.

WildCard999

Titan
Hmm I don't know too much about that PSU model however maybe someone else can chime in.

The last thing you want to do is end up frying the new GPU or other parts.

If you were able to return and refund that PSU how much could you spend on a PSU & new GPU?

Is the Corsair CX 550 available in your area? (must be grey label version).

Giorici

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
Hmm I don't know too much about that PSU model however maybe someone else can chime in.

The last thing you want to do is end up frying the new GPU or other parts.

If you were able to return and refund that PSU how much could you spend on a PSU & new GPU?

Is the Corsair CX 550 available in your area? (must be grey label version).
nJoy in my country is like corsair and other psu companies in america

WildCard999

Titan
Well it could be well known like Corsair but even Corsair has units I wouldn't trust in a game system (VS series).

If it turns out to be a decent unit then you could probably go with the RX 470/570 but since I don't know the unit I don't feel comfortable making that recommendation. The PSU requirements between the RX 550 and 570 are a bit different.
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Does that PSU have a 6+2 pin connection?

If it's this one:

https://www.njoy.ro/PSU/ayrus450#overview

then it really is not comparable to a Corsair unit, the official website doesn't even tell you important things such as how much wattage and current is on the 12v rail. That is something you need to know, I doubt the quality of this particular power supply.

If it's only a few days old, I'd try and exchange it for a better quality and more powerful unit. That'll also open you up to more choices in terms of graphics cards.

Reactions: WildCard999

WildCard999

Titan
@John Chesterfield, yea I was a bit suspicious of the lack of specs on the site as well.

@Giorici, If possible return the unit and get something better, the minimum I'd recommend for the RX 580 is the Corsair CX/M 55W (grey label) or the 450W version for the RX 470/570. The PSU is the heart of the system and the single most important part of your build, going with a low quality unit may ruin your new parts and garbage units can even catch on fire. Also with the CX/M you can get the GTX 1650 Super which performs as good as the RX 580 with a lower power requirement.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Solution