Question What GPU will be the best suit for my APU and PSU

Zachary A.

Reputable
Jun 4, 2020
I have a Ryzen 5 5600G. an A520M-K Motherboard and a 420W Bronze rated power supply. I heard that high end pc components typically consume far below what their psu allows, so I'm wondering if I can slap in an rtx 3060 here without any issue from the psu? or maybe a 1660? whats the best gpu that can be maintained within a 420W psu? thanks

Lutfij

Titan
That PSU isn't exactly a PSU, you should look into a reliably built 550W unit before you decide to drop in an RTX3060 in your build.

Include what your budget for a GPU and PSU is, your preferred site for purchase(to help us understand what you have access to) and I'm assuming you're located in Indonesia(?).

Zachary A.

Reputable
Jun 4, 2020
That PSU isn't exactly a PSU, you should look into a reliably built 550W unit before you decide to drop in an RTX3060 in your build.

Include what your budget for a GPU and PSU is, your preferred site for purchase(to help us understand what you have access to) and I'm assuming you're located in Indonesia(?).
is the quality of the psu bad? I just wanna know whats the highest spec I can put of a gpu with this psu

Zachary A.

Reputable
Jun 4, 2020
By today's standards that is a 310w power supply of low quality. only 310 watts on the 12v line.
Any video card better than the 5600g integrated graphics will require a better power supply.
Oh goodness, then is the 420w label just a gimmick? I want to see if I can put at least a gtx 1650 super in it, would it hold it up?

Oh goodness, then is the 420w label just a gimmick? I want to see if I can put at least a gtx 1650 super in it, would it hold it up?
You've already been told the unit is no good, accept this advice and don't put any graphics card you may value at all in the system with that power supply in it.

Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. For how long will it work? Who knows..