[SOLVED] what graphics card to choose

Sep 1, 2019
I am looking to upgrade my current graphics card but I don't know too much about computers to make a decision. I am mainly looking for something not too pricey that would allow me to be able to run games like Rainbow Six and AC Odyssey at a decent framerate with decent graphics. My computer is a standard HP Pavilion 500-027c with AMD A8-5500 (3.2 GHz), MS-7778 (JasmineR) Motherboard, Radeon HD 7560D Graphics Processor, 8GB RAM, running Windows10 64 bit. It only has a 300w power supply though. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Your CPU is going to limit performance in games like AC Odyssey, but you can get something better than than your HD7560D.

I'd recommend a used (eBay) GTX 750 Ti, GTX 1050, or maybe even a GTX 1050 Ti. You will have to stick with known brands like Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, etc. There are tons of scams with counterfeit GPUs on eBay. Just buy a known brand and you will be okay. The counterfeit GPUs are unbranded.
Your CPU is going to limit performance in games like AC Odyssey, but you can get something better than than your HD7560D.

I'd recommend a used (eBay) GTX 750 Ti, GTX 1050, or maybe even a GTX 1050 Ti. You will have to stick with known brands like Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Zotac, etc. There are tons of scams with counterfeit GPUs on eBay. Just buy a known brand and you will be okay. The counterfeit GPUs are unbranded.

Solution
I would be concerned with that PSU. OEMs like HP are notorious for putting in the crappiest possible PSUs to save on costs. Putting any more strain on it than what it was built for, like putting in a graphics card, is a moderate to high risk. In the past, I did something similar and the PSU popped and took the entire computer with it.