what graphics card?

G

not sure if i should post this here or under mother boards. I have the intel 810e chipset (starting to regret) with integrated AGP insted of an actual AGP port and graphics card. In the past it has supported applications requiring 3d acceleration. Now, for one reason or another, it doesn't. I get messages about direct draw when trying to play 3d games. When trying to watch 3d animations they can be viewed but there is simply no 3d acceleration. I have tried adjusting the hardware acceleration at all settings. I am using a dell with an 800MHz PIII and 192 mb of sdram. There is supposedly 4mb of dedicated video ram on the system board. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I would recommend the Radeon PCI. As far as I know it is the fastest pci card available with support. If it would work in your gig I don't know. Big key is to disable the onboard graphics. Some boards have jumpers to do this others not. Do you know how to disable the onboard graphics?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try downloading the latrest chipset drivers fro your 810 from Intel, they have improved graphics drivers in their chipset driver downloads. And learn from this experience.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I almost bought a pci Radeon tonite at Best Buys for $99 to go with my AGP Radeon 64 ViVo for a dual monitor setup. I decided to wait and do more research to make sure it would work. E-mailed ATI weeks ago about this and I still havn't received a reply from ATI. This isn't like ATI on not responding... hmmmmmMMMMMMM. :frown:
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 04/21/01 10:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

The Radeon PCI would be good, but depending on which continent you live, you may or may not be able to find them. Creative and several others make a GeForce 2 MX PCI, this is nowhere near as good, but hey, anything would be better than the 810 :)

Other than that, you could swap your mobo for a cheap Apollo Pro 133, then buy a new AGP card. This would give you a performance increase, but would be expensive.

~ I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully ~