Question What GTX 1070 ti + CPU?

Snickeldümper

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
After alot of posting here I think I've finally decided to get the GTX 1070 Ti as an upgrade. The problem is, there are alot of different models and I have no idea which one to get so if you could recommend one that would be great. I also need a new CPU that pairs with it, since my current one apparently cant handle any higher-end cards. My budget for the GPU is around 750 USD. As for the CPU, please just the cheapest one that can handle the card well. These are my current specs:

CPU- i5 6600k

GPU- Geforce GTX 1060 3gb

RAM- 16gb ram

BOARD- asus Z170-A

500w powersupply (I dont know exactly which one it is other than its evga and I'm pretty sure it's has 2x4 pins. I'm not home for another month so I cant check.)

After alot of posting here I think I've finally decided to get the GTX 1070 Ti as an upgrade. The problem is, there are alot of different models and I have no idea which one to get so if you could recommend one that would be great. I also need a new CPU that pairs with it, since my current one apparently cant handle any higher-end cards. My budget for the GPU is around 750 USD. As for the CPU, please just the cheapest one that can handle the card well.

Am I misreading this? You're willing to spend around $750 for a graphics card and you're only considering a GTX 1070 ti? Given the current market, and even if ray tracing is seemingly overblown, a newer graphics card still makes more sense for that price.

As for CPU, your motherboard will limit you to an i7-7700k at the most.