Question What happened? How can I fix it?

May 12, 2019
Last night, I was going strong for abou an hour, when my audio (from headphone jack) started stuttering and repeating while my monitor stopped recieving input. My DVI-D is fine, no bent pins, my graphics card shows no sign of damage, everything has power, I even romoved and re-inserted the graphics card just to be sure. I have no clue what went wrong. Can somebody help?

May 12, 2019
CPU: intel Core i6
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570
MB: gigabyte B360M DS3H
PSU: Corsair CX 450M
RAM: 2x8 DDR4
My GPU us pretty free-floating, the inly thong supporting it is the expansion slot

I6?? surely a typo.

Does you game possibly need a patch?
Does this happen on other games?

Failure over time smacks of a heat issue.
What is your case and fan arrangement?

If you take the case covers off and direct a fan at the innards, does this help?

May 12, 2019
I6?? surely a typo.

Does you game possibly need a patch?
Does this happen on other games?

Failure over time smacks of a heat issue.
What is your case and fan arrangement?

If you take the case covers off and direct a fan at the innards, does this help?
Yeah, another one if my dumb typos, I meant i4. As for the heating issue, I wouldn't be able to tell sonce I haven't gotten the thing to output since this first happened. I have 2 internal fans: 1 in the front & one in the back, and my GPU has internal cooling so I don't think that's it.

May 12, 2019
I asked the guy who actually bought it (he installed the cpu & ram then handed it off to me because he had to leave) and he said he forgot. i had to get him to dig through his amazon reciepts just to tell me it was an i3. Sorry if that caused too much trouble.

What do you mean free floating GPU, it's not connected to the case with a screw? First thing, remove it and see if system works with onboard video. Then test the video card in another known good system to see if the video card has failed. Don't use the video card without securing it, it can easily rip out, cause a short, damage connections.

I know someone that ruined a $500 workstation card because they did not mount it properly in the system and the video cables force on it pulled out the card.