Question What happened to my display?

apexsutton31

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
Hello all,
Alright, so I had a display "die" on me about two weeks ago and have been trying to figure out what's wrong with it. I'm running two 1440p monitors, one is a good Dell 144Hz and the other is a cheap 60Hz AOC.

Well, one day, while playing a game, Overwatch I think, both just blacked out and wouldn't come on. I restarted my PC and the Dell came on, but not the AOC. So I began investigating by swapping the Display ports around on my 1080 ti GPU. None worked for the AOC, but all worked for the Dell. I then powered down the Dell and used its DisplayPort for the AOC thinking it might be the cable, it wasn't, no port worked for the monitor what so ever. So then I pulled out an old HDMI cord I had laying around and tried that, nothing for the AOC. To top it all off, every time I tried to plug it in a different port on the GPU, it still "comes on," but then shows the prompt 'No Signal' no matter what port and even when I swapped to the HDMI. So that had me think that the actual display itself isn't dead, but the DP cord that came with the Dell, does not work either. So I have no idea what's wrong. Last thing to mention, after restarting, I loaded up the same game, and got an error with the GPU. But I think that was just my Argus fan controller not spinning the fans up and overheating my Founder's Edition 1080 ti. So I reloaded the software, then the game, then tried again. Everything worked properly with the GPU and the Dell display, but the AOC has still yet to work.

I have no problem replacing the display, it was cheap enough and is only a 60Hz display, but I just want to know what happened or why it died?

apexsutton31

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
Model of your two display's? You might want to list your full specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Including the age of your PSU.
My bad.

CPU: Intel 7800X
MOBO: AsRock Taiachi x299
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V 16Gb (4x4) @3200
SSD/HDD: WD Blue M.2 256Gb/WD Black 7200rpm 4Tb
GPU: 1080 ti Founder's
PSU: Corsair HX850 (About 2 years old now)
Chassis: Corsair 400C ATX mid tower
Dell monitor: S2716DG
AOC monitor: Q2778VQE