Question What happened to my graphics card?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I used to play this game named the elder scrolls online, I had a GPU R7 370 or R9 270 from AMD like 4-5 years ago if ı remember correctly, at same time I was recording my gameplay with a software, somehow I managed to hit "stop recording" in exact same time when I exit the game, and then screen became black and never boot up properly ever again entire computer. I was using hardware acceleration in my recording software with MP4 as output, I wasn't aware AVI is much better. I stopped playing that game since then, so what did killed my graphics card back then? Any ideas?

Did long saving process with hardware acceleration onto hard disk killed my GPU or the card was faulty from repair service? or a game can kill a hardware?

Rest of my computer worked and still works properly only GPU we changed it after that event happened,

Thanks in advance

You are asking about something that happened several years ago? Have you tested the video card on another computer to make sure it was dead? Need more details about exactly what happened, did the system not start at all or did it crash when going into Windows? Or give a black display after it tried to start Windows but worked in the BIOS?

Reactions: Herr B

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
You are asking about something that happened several years ago? Have you tested the video card on another computer to make sure it was dead? Need more details about exactly what happened, did the system not start at all or did it crash when going into Windows? Or give a black display after it tried to start Windows but worked in the BIOS?

We do not have other desktop computers only laptops, I think it did crash my entire pc when I press exit from the game (and exact same time I stopped my local recording) I was able to reboot the computer as far as I remember but with no display no boot screen or no desktop but I was able to hear startup sound, we tried than reseat the card but it did not worked, only built in Intel HD graphics worked.

EDIT: And broken graphics card name was available in other game to see on display after we plugged Intel HD graphics.