Question What happened to my laptop after I replaced CPU with wrong one ?

Sep 20, 2022
I had two laptops, one which was working fine but with bad specs, another one which wouldn't charge and so on but had better specs. I decided to swap hardware to make a proper laptop. The two laptops had the same cpu socket and same type RAM. But when I replaced the CPU on the former laptop with the better CPU, it just flashed and shut off. And just continued doing so after I put the native CPU back. I don't think I did any physical damage, at least nothing visible. The cpu I tried inserting worked when I put it back on the native machine. I tried resetting CMOS by removing that button cell, still nothing. Possible explanation is that the original CPU and the one intended to replace it were of slightly different series (one possibly had integrated graphics and one didn't). Is the computer into which I installed that cpu dead or are there any fixes?

Sep 20, 2022
Dell Vostro 3750 and Lenovo ThinkPad L 512. And I don't have the exact CPU names right now. But if they were unsupported, does it mean the computer I installed that CPU into is dead. Or can it be repaired?

Sep 20, 2022
Okay so I looked up the exact ones, and yeah, they seem to be of different generation, and one socket is PGA988 and the other one used PPGA988. Exact names are Intel core i5- 2450 and the other one is Intel core i3 350 M. Does this so mean the computer the wrong cpu was installed into is dead? Or are there any solutions. I tried removing the onboard clock but nothing happened. If it's dead, it's no big deal either, that was some crappy hardware anyway.

Sep 20, 2022
Don't think anything else happened to it. The CPU I attempted to install works fine back on its native machine. So no bent pins or else. But it still won't start up, just power button lits up and powers down immediately. Even after removing and reinstalling the onboard clock battery.