[SOLVED] What happens if I delete program files in my C drive while having the same progam files on my D drive? Software support

Jan 21, 2021
Hello!
As the title may suggest; I have moved my program files to my D drive but I do not know if I should delete the program files inside of the C drive. And while you're here; is there also a way to move everything to your D drive?

Solution
Hello!
As the title may suggest; I have moved my program files to my D drive but I do not know if I should delete the program files inside of the C drive. And while you're here; is there also a way to move everything to your D drive?
All your applications will completely cease to operate.
You cannot move applications, or the whole Program Files folder, like that.

When an application is installed, it makes dozens, sometimes thousands of entries in the Registry and elsewhere.
Move that from C to D....and your operating system will not know where they are.

You will absolutely kill your PC doing this.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello!

When an application is installed, it makes dozens, sometimes thousands of entries in the Registry and elsewhere.
Move that from C to D....and your operating system will not know where they are.

Solution
Jan 21, 2021

Ahhh, thank you for the info. I have not deleted anything from the C drive.
How did you moved it?
Not technically "move", I used an app called "EaseUS Todo PCTrans" to sync all those files to the D drive.