[SOLVED] What happens if i use an ram not mentioned on my motherboard´s support list?

Solution
The Support List doesn't mean exactly "these are the only modules that work" - but rather more like "these are the RAM modules we've tested, and work".
The list does not mean the RAM is not compatible, it usually simply means that it hasn't been tested, because there are so many RAM modules released, it would be impossible for MB manufacturers to test every one and update their support lists.

If it is not on the support list, as long as you stick to a reputed manufacturer then you're more than likely fine.

Just look for any glaring abnormalities or conflicts (I.e. using mixed RAM modules, going over on RAM capacity for your MB, using unknown or poor brand RAM, correct form factor and pins etc.)

Note: remember that it will...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The Support List doesn't mean exactly "these are the only modules that work" - but rather more like "these are the RAM modules we've tested, and work".
The list does not mean the RAM is not compatible, it usually simply means that it hasn't been tested, because there are so many RAM modules released, it would be impossible for MB manufacturers to test every one and update their support lists.

If it is not on the support list, as long as you stick to a reputed manufacturer then you're more than likely fine.

Just look for any glaring abnormalities or conflicts (I.e. using mixed RAM modules, going over on RAM capacity for your MB, using unknown or poor brand RAM, correct form factor and pins etc.)

Note: remember that it will likely run at 2133 until you enable an XMP profile / overclock.

Solution