[SOLVED] What HDD should I go with: 1 or 2 Tb

Spyro 999

Commendable
Mar 17, 2020
I have a dilemma where I need to select between a 2Tb HDD for 75$ and a 1Tb HDD for 60$.
My question should surprise some people because of the so little difference, but I am building a gaming PC with a very low budget.
I bought a M.2 500Gb SSD for the system and I was almost fine for 2 years with a computer that had 256Gb of storage.
I don't think I'll have that many games installed either... Maybe 4 or 5 above 40 Gb, but I still want to be sure I will be fine and if the 15$ difference is worth it.
I still have old 5400rpm drives laying around (maybe a total of 500Gb to 1Tb) if I end up screwed.

Last edited:
Solution
a 1 TB NVME drive is not all that expensive these days....

If planning on installing 2 or 3 blockbuster games (Battlefield 1 and/or BF5, etc), I'd try to get 1 TB..

If you have 8 -10 huge games you'd like installed, an Intel 660P in 2 TB would not be a bad way to go...

Spyro 999

Commendable
Mar 17, 2020
Would you think a 1Tb M.2 SSD would be fine for me?
Can the average gamer go around with 1Tb?

I'd like to be able to dual-boot my PC with linux someday... I don't know if that's gonna be enough.

a 1 TB NVME drive is not all that expensive these days....

If planning on installing 2 or 3 blockbuster games (Battlefield 1 and/or BF5, etc), I'd try to get 1 TB..

If you have 8 -10 huge games you'd like installed, an Intel 660P in 2 TB would not be a bad way to go...

Solution