What headset should i upgrade to? price should be below 400$

thetraktor

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I am coming from a steelseries siberia 650, and im upgrading because the mic is getting worse and worse. My friends nearly cant hear what im saying, so im returning them and im goin to buy a new headset
ive been looking at the steelseries arctis pro+dac and the pro wireless, but i keep reading reviews saying that i should by the arctis 7 instead.
i need surround sound because i play a lot of fps games, but i also listen to a lot of music.
built in mic is not a necessety, because i can always by a clipon mic or a blue snowball.
im also used to sound quality like the bose qc35 II so i want good and clear immersive sound
Looking forward to your answers :)
Thetraktor

Solution
audiophiles should know the only authorities you should listen to is your ears. have you tried any of the replacements with your own ears?
I suggest a trip to a few stores, bring your phone or mp3 player so you can hear what your sources sound like.

The pinnacle of audio for me is Klipsch the pro-media 4.1 which still power my system some 18 years later.
as far as a great mic goes the 20$ Xiberia E1 have the best integrated mic I have ever used in a headset.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
audiophiles should know the only authorities you should listen to is your ears. have you tried any of the replacements with your own ears?
I suggest a trip to a few stores, bring your phone or mp3 player so you can hear what your sources sound like.

The pinnacle of audio for me is Klipsch the pro-media 4.1 which still power my system some 18 years later.
as far as a great mic goes the 20$ Xiberia E1 have the best integrated mic I have ever used in a headset.

Solution