Question what i need to build my own pc?

Jun 9, 2024
can someone provide me full information what i need to build my own pc all components need and do i need to install windows? or it already have???? sorry just asking

Jun 9, 2024
What budget, and where would you be buying from? Do you have a preference for AMD or Intel?
i prefer intel i dont have any knowledge about amd but what ? you recommend amd or intel? my budget? im from ph probably around 250 usd gonna buy some second hand or low price not going to buy brandnew

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
can someone provide me full information what i need to build my own pc all components need and do i need to install windows? or it already have???? sorry just asking
Talent! Nothing can replace experience. If you have little experience with trouble shooting and/or replacing parts. Bad idea to just jump right into it. Get help from somebody who can give you guidance just in case the build goes awry. There is Tom's, but....... You have limitations.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
250 USD for a used components build? Honestly this would be the time to find a local seller of used office PCs that have had a GPU added to them.

This one is pretty okayish:

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Desktop...d=1720726770&sprefix=gamin+pc,aps,133&sr=8-22

Slightly better:

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Desktop...d=1720726770&sprefix=gamin+pc,aps,133&sr=8-25

But there is little guarantee with these things on what exact parts you will get, why they list generic things like i5. They are already pretty old, but since you were looking at 2nd and 3rd gen parts it is about the same.

If you can locate used components that are available to you, we can certainly advise you on what is compatible.

The following must be compatible.
CPU
Motherboard
Memory

If you want it to be somewhat upgradeable in the future. Motherboard must fit the ATX electrical standard and you must acquire an ATX PSU and a chassis that all that fits into. (24-pin ATX connector, many OEMs use custom connectors making them difficult to upgrade)

Motherboard size is fluid though, cheapest boards are generally found in the Micro ATX size, with 4 expansion slots.

GPU is secondary, but the PSU must have enough power and/or enough cables to properly power a GPU. Lighter GPUs don't always need additional power cables.

Minimum viable build using new parts, no peripherals or OS:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-A II Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP Elite 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 Memory ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($17.98 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ MSI)
Total: $280.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-07-11 15:50 EDT-0400

Reactions: Former_Gump84