what if changing the mobo doesn't fix the problem ? Please HELP !!

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013
so i just built a new pc.first it start giving this error on xfx pro XXX series v650 semi modular psu, i replaced it with a cougar 1050w gold 80+, as i connected it and turned the pc on , after half and hour it restarted again. my brother then connect two separate wires of pcie from the psu to the gpu ,it worked like a charm.after one month ,i replaced the hdd with a sdd , everything was fine,after 4 days from the installation of ssd i didnt turn on the computer for two days, as i was busy , and the third day this problem started again.now from that time i have formatted the pc,installed windows several times,done memtest ,and every thing is fine. as i uninstall the gpu driver i don't receive any error and the system doesn't restarts. i connected the hdd again , that was having the old windows and drivers already installed, but nothing changed.
then i posted it here in the forum and @i7baby told me to check the post/beep of the mobo. when i connected the speaker it gave me a short single beep which in hte AMI BIOS means DRAM FAILURE.memtest of these rams was done a week earlier and was positive.then i chexked the rams by putting them one by one in all of the 4 slots of the mobo bt the beep was still there in the startup. Now im goin to change my mobo,bt im curious if that too dosent fix hte problem then what? :/ please HELP !! :(

my specs are
fx8320
asus mobo
128gb hyperx ssd
4 gb kingston hyperx ram
r9 290 windforce oc
cougar 1050 w gold 80+

Ra_V_en

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

I'm not sure where did you get this info, single short beep means POST successful, anybody who has a PC and beeper connected can confirm this without even digging the documentation.

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

I have rest have rest the bios , and it is updated to its newest version

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

i found this on the everywhere on the internet :/ http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Why would changing motherboard help anything if it's the memory?

Check your manual, make sure the RAM is in the right slots. Check BIOS and make sure the RAM has correct settings. Timings and MHz. Run a memtest again. 1 stick at a time. Should take up to an hour per stick. But if theres errors, probably that should show up within minutes.

moodyzxy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2013

alright i'll do it again and post the results