Question What information can a program access and how to test what a program observes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2020
Hi.
Recently I have been skeptical of a certain game - It has mechanics built in that lock to a faction for a time which is related to more than just IP, destination folder, contents in folders and other files. I basically give up trying to find out what else it observes to keep a running record of this mechanic.

Is there a way to see what a program observes, like a log? Endgame would be trying to fool it.

Any help is welcome.

Sep 16, 2020
The lockout is there for reasons that aren't related to the way I play. The game is the warhammer online private server. I play scenarios (Battle Grounds basically) mostly and the lockout is to stop people from benefiting from "throwing" the campaign in ORVR.
Also found out it reads serials of hard drives. Can a game read MAC address and would that single out users?

USAFRet

Titan
The lockout is there for reasons that aren't related to the way I play. The game is the warhammer online private server. I play scenarios (Battle Grounds basically) mostly and the lockout is to stop people from benefiting from "throwing" the campaign in ORVR.
Also found out it reads serials of hard drives. Can a game read MAC address and would that single out users?
Forum rules preclude assistance with working around or avoiding server rules or similar.

Play on a different server.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.