[SOLVED] What is a “1/2 Mini” slot good for?

May 12, 2020
Last edited:
Solution
i say usually as in "that's what the slot is normally used for"

not that it has a second option unrelated. it's an expansion port like pcie slots on a mobo. most likely looking at the manual, that slot is probably there for an add-on cellular card but that's just a guess.

it's there and you can use it to add a feature if you wish or leave it alone if you don't need anything new not already there.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i say usually as in "that's what the slot is normally used for"

not that it has a second option unrelated. it's an expansion port like pcie slots on a mobo. most likely looking at the manual, that slot is probably there for an add-on cellular card but that's just a guess.

it's there and you can use it to add a feature if you wish or leave it alone if you don't need anything new not already there.

Solution

1pikapikachu

Commendable
May 22, 2020
The answer was in the forum with the picture that you linked, but it was just in German XD

It's a PCI Express Mini Card also known as Mini PCI Express, Mini PCIe, Mini PCI-E, mPCIe, and PEM.

It can be used for a computer "add on" expansions.
Such as adding external serial, Fieldbus, CAN bus, LAN ethernet and SATA ports.

And I think potentially it can be used to install an SSD type thing, that allows expanding ur storage e.g extra 400GB (I'm not sure on that though.). The successor of a PCI Express Mini Card is an M.2 card.