Question What is a good and compatible (if any incompatibility is even possible) GPU for Ryzen 5 5600GT on an A520M Motherboard?

Hudson_G

Prominent
Jul 4, 2023
I know the Motherboard is not thaaaaat great, I heard that a B550 would have been so much better, but well, it is what it is.

I'd like to know what is a good GPU upgrade for this config. It's expected that someone with Ryzen 5 5600GT would have it simply because of its iGPU, but I was wondering in case I wanted something better, what would it be. I heard also that it's much better to get a Gen 3.0 than a Gen 4.0 even the latter being from a newer Gen and fitting in Gen 3 slots, but it would get half bandwidth due to limitations, not sure if this is true or not, I just read it somewhere, maybe in an commentary, I don't know. Would like some in-depth opinion about it.

I know the Motherboard is not thaaaaat great, I heard that a B550 would have been so much better, but well, it is what it is.

I'd like to know what is a good GPU upgrade for this config. It's expected that someone with Ryzen 5 5600GT would have it simply because of its iGPU, but I was wondering in case I wanted something better, what would it be. I heard also that it's much better to get a Gen 3.0 than a Gen 4.0 even the latter being from a newer Gen and fitting in Gen 3 slots, but it would get half bandwidth due to limitations, not sure if this is true or not, I just read it somewhere, maybe in an commentary, I don't know. Would like some in-depth opinion about it.
Only reason a GPU with PCIe v3.0 could be "better" is financial because 5600GT has only Gen3/v3.0 PCIe lines so you would have no benefit of Gen4 GPU and that CPU doesn't "deserve" high end GPU. On the other hand, most of newest gen GPUs are actually gen4 so you have to settle for earlier gen GPUs still in production. If you are getting by using IGPU I would suggest any AMD Rx 6600(non-XT) for instance,pricing should be very good by now soneeding it badly or not, I would grab one now while they are still around.