[SOLVED] What is a good PSU?

Solution
I just wanna ask what defines it as a good PSU or a bad one cuz I already chose evga as my next PSU

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk
There are a lot of factors, you need to read reviews. There is the quality of components, build quality, the design which determines safety features, efficiency, power states supported. All this can have an impact on how clean/steady the voltage and power delivery is. Then you have the warranty which can be important.

The psu is the one component that if it fails can kill other components or if it’s quality is low can reduce the life of other components.
I just wanna ask what defines it as a good PSU or a bad one cuz I already chose evga as my next PSU

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk
There are a lot of factors, you need to read reviews. There is the quality of components, build quality, the design which determines safety features, efficiency, power states supported. All this can have an impact on how clean/steady the voltage and power delivery is. Then you have the warranty which can be important.

The psu is the one component that if it fails can kill other components or if it’s quality is low can reduce the life of other components.

Reactions: nicholas72
Solution
Look for professional reviews, not just unboxings.

There are a lot of things to consider that a good review should touch on.

Here a few:
  • Safety features (EX: over current protection or OCP)
  • Platform +Age of design + design elements
  • Quality of components (fan, capacitors, etc)
  • Assembly quality (soldering and other things)
  • Features (EX: modular cables or link support)
  • Efficiency
  • How clean the unit delivers power. (EX: ripple testing)
  • How many watts the PSU can actually provide
Review of MasterWatt Lite 600.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2018/10/08/cooler-master-masterwatt-lite-600w-230v-power-supply/

The summery given was: "Just buy something else."
I haven't seen many name-brand PSUs with a review this bad.

Example of a good PSU review:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12070/the-corsair-tx550m-80plus-gold-psu-review/5

Last edited: