[SOLVED] What is a good single thread rating?

Nov 11, 2021
What is a good single thread rating? I know this is kind of inclusive (I hope I'm using that word right) but like tell me YOUR version of a good single thread rating and also an average single thread rating , don't explain it, just shoot the number at me ( actually nvm explain which benchmark test you're talking about pls UwU )

What is a good single thread rating? I know this is kind of inclusive (I hope I'm using that word right) but like tell me YOUR version of a good single thread rating and also an average single thread rating , don't explain it, just shoot the number at me ( actually nvm explain which benchmark test you're talking about pls UwU )
There is no such thing as universal "Rating". Could be determined only by running a benchmark program that calculates and shows single core/tread values and each one has own method and score.

Reactions: I do not know 1 2 3
I like the question.
I like to use the CPU-Z bench to test.
It is simple to use; run the bench tab and look at the single thread rating.
I personally think the single thread rating is what makes a pc "quick"
Today, the strongest will be the i9-12900K at 981:
http://valid.x86.fr/bench/mx5qrf/1
Good numbers would be in the 600's like the ryzen 5600xor the Intel 11600.

Adequate would be in the 400's like the i3-10100 or ryzen 2700x

Inadequate would be in the 200's like the FX-8350.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Everything I can think of uses a Master thread and the rest are supporting threads. One Thread to control them all and in the pc combine them. So single thread performance still has its place, even in the biggest multi thread apps.

That said though, single thread performance is only really comparable to itself. If trying to OC or fine tune cpu performance, take a baseline number, tweak what you want, retest. If the number went down, you didn't tweak in the right direction. If the number goes up but multi goes down, you are retarding multi performance. Then it's a question of which is more important.

Nov 11, 2021
A good rating is 10, a bad rating is 0

Oh yeah, what rating are you talking about? There is no official rating scale for measuring these things.
Gotcha!

I don't know what I'm talking about. But I got a good laugh out of everybody's answers (sort of situation where I'm laughing WITH not laughing AT) and I don't care about my question anymore! THX!

TRENDING THREADS