What is a good way of making my PC able to connect to bluetooth devices?

Jun 8, 2018
I do a lot of virtual reality with my PC, and there is a great bluetooth headset that I have that works really well with it. The only issue is that my PC does not have any embedded bluetooth.

A couple of months ago, I attempted to fix this problem by purchasing a little USB bluetooth device. I purchased this device, and it works like crap. I'm not sure if I got a bad device, it didn't have bad reviews, but it didn't work for me. I had it connected to a USB 3.1 port, it was close to where I was using it with nothing blocking it, and it was horrible. I didn't have disconnection issues, but there was about one and a half seconds of lag in the audio. It's not the headphones, I use them with my phone and iPad all the time, and there are never issues.

Is there a better USB device, or something else I can do to get functioning bluetooth audio working with my PC? If you need specs of my PC or other information ask, but I don't think that should be required for this. Thanks.

Solution
You're going to want to find a low latency bluetooth transmitter. Assuming your headphones are also low latency models, this should fix your audio lag. I ran in to the same issue when setting up and testing bluetooth on an HTPC

Ones I personally like and have been well reviewed.
Avantree Priva III $40
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5KKUR0/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?pd_rd_i=B077MXFJGQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=f52e26da-1287-4616-824b-efc564ff75a4&pf_rd_r=Q07BN4JPMK0HSG3EN599&pd_rd_wg=26DHV&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=38nAF&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=ca19fd73-dd6b-11e8-83e6-73fc6f523755&th=1

Avantree Audikast $50...
Jun 8, 2018

Thank you, I'll look into these.

Good luck!