[SOLVED] What is a PCI to PCI bridge?

Dec 26, 2020
Please answer in a way that a non computer person would understand. I've searched online but only get geekinese and I don't get it. It showed up in our home wifi connections and I've never seen it before. Is it something I did without knowing? What does it mean? Thank you so much and please don't pick on me. I just have no idea what the words mean (and when I read Bus, I think of children going to school).

Solution
Please answer in a way that a non computer person would understand. I've searched online but only get geekinese and I don't get it. It showed up in our home wifi connections and I've never seen it before. Is it something I did without knowing? What does it mean? Thank you so much and please don't pick on me. I just have no idea what the words mean (and when I read Bus, I think of children going to school).
I'm going to give you two answers, to the question that you asked and the one that I think you perhaps wanted to ask, as there are not many specifics.

A PCI to PCI bridge is a fast electrical connection between two computer peripheral components. An example in a network here would be to bridge together two network adapter --...

RealBeast

Titan
I'm going to give you two answers, to the question that you asked and the one that I think you perhaps wanted to ask, as there are not many specifics.

A PCI to PCI bridge is a fast electrical connection between two computer peripheral components. An example in a network here would be to bridge together two network adapter -- like your wired Ethernet and another network adapter (wired or wireless) to share an Internet connection.

In terms of wireless networks though, a wireless bridge is a wireless connection between two network components or between two different wired networks. Consumer routers often have a bridge mode that allows two radios to link together, often a router to some kind of access point or extender.

Perhaps the better way to ask your question is to state what you are trying to accomplish and what components you have (with model numbers preferably).

Note that I carefully avoided the term bus. ;)

Reactions: CrimpingMyStyle800
Solution
Dec 26, 2020
Thank you so much for not using the word bus, at least yet.
I had opened the wifi to view bluetooth devices. I saw the PCI to PCI bridge listed with all the devices. I don't know what it means or if I added it recently? But it was not there before today. We've been here for 14 yrs and never saw PCI listed in devices. I have no idea. Thank you for your help. Grandma.

kanewolf

Titan
Thank you so much for not using the word bus, at least yet.
I had opened the wifi to view bluetooth devices. I saw the PCI to PCI bridge listed with all the devices. I don't know what it means or if I added it recently? But it was not there before today. We've been here for 14 yrs and never saw PCI listed in devices. I have no idea. Thank you for your help. Grandma.
Are you seeing this on your router or are you seeing this on your computer somewhere ?