Question What is causing FPS drops in games ?

Jan 3, 2022
I've had this issue for a long time. It comes and goes, and I've tried a lot of things to fix it. During gaming my fps with drop for a few seconds, then return to normal. This happens with Overwatch, Warframe, Phasmophobia, almost everything 3D I think. I have a video to show what happens after maybe 10 minutes of playing.
View: https://youtu.be/1DxOEmMU_uU

Laptop model: Lenovo Legion Y545 PG0 running Windows 10

Specs:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Device ID 205E5A94-BB1F-4F01-9432-BB82184B0B62

Product ID <removed by moderator for security reasons>

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I could really use some extensive help on this issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're on a laptop. Might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. You can use your laptop's serial number on Lenovo's support page to bring up a list of options for your laptop. Following your BIOS, might want to see if your OS is pending any updates. If you're on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H2. Your laptop's specs do not state you having a discrete GPU...perhaps you forgot to list that. You can download the latest drivers from AMD or Nvidia(depending on your discrete GPU's make and model, and then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers.

Reinstall latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jan 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're on a laptop. Might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. You can use your laptop's serial number on Lenovo's support page to bring up a list of options for your laptop. Following your BIOS, might want to see if your OS is pending any updates. If you're on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H2. Your laptop's specs do not state you having a discrete GPU...perhaps you forgot to list that. You can download the latest drivers from AMD or Nvidia(depending on your discrete GPU's make and model, and then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers.

Reinstall latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Hello! I've updated the BIOS recently and reinstalled an earlier driver from Nvidia, since the latest ones I guessed were the issue. I checked my OS and will update to the 21H2 version. I'm not sure what you mean by discrete GPU, do you know where I could find that? Is it the type? Thank you for responding.