[SOLVED] What is causing this consistently bad GPU performance?

Jul 19, 2020
Two videos below show the problem I'm getting. The first is from Doom Eternal, showing FPS bouncing up and down, as I run in the video, look at the gun, you can see a slight stutter.

Then FurMark... consistently high FPS, starts smooth, then if you skip to half way/near the end, very obvious stuttering yet high FPS still. Core clock is bouncing up and down it seems.

The problem seems to start when fans get above certain % of their speed or GPU hits 75C+ - but it's not going over 80/85 max.

I've just bought a new PSU as DOTA 2 was crashing at end of game when blowing up ancient. Also DOTA 2 looks like it's running at 30 FPS instead of 80-100+.

What I've done:
Underclocked
Overclocked
Undervolt
Overvolt
Increased max available power and decreased it
Switch the graphics card to non-OC mode (there is a switch on the card itself)
Increased fan curve
Rolled back drivers
Run with stock RAM profile
Run with XMP RAM profile
OC'd RAM a little bit
Contacted Sapphire support

The problem is the same no matter what.

Doom Eternal:
View: https://youtu.be/pnJA1pLhTuM

FurMark:
View: https://youtu.be/3us6ZiEQJu8

Spec:
Ryzen 3600 (new)
MSI Mortar MAX motherboard (new)
Crucial Ballistix 16gb DDR RAM, 3000 Mhz (2x8gb) (new)
Sapphire Radeon RX480+ OC (old, used with an i5 4th gen PC previously, used to have artefacts in some games e.g. Witcher 3, but never this weird slow down problem)
Corsair RM750x PSU (new)
2x SSD (old, but nothing wrong with them)
Cooler Master ML240l CPU cooler (new)
LianLi LanCool 205m case (new)

Solution
For anyone reading this and having similar issues it appears I've fixed it. Took graphics card apart, cleaned all contact points, applied new thermal paste. Haven't been able to replicate problem since.
Jul 19, 2020
I agree, it is weak for 3440x1440 but I played Doom Eternal to completion, Dota 2 and this resolution and other games without this stuttering on my old PC which was a i5 4th gen.

Yes the FPS is not the best in the world but it is definitely playable. I upgraded everything else except the GPU and now I get this stuttering. I don't get it and I've tried everything.

Jul 19, 2020
For anyone reading this and having similar issues it appears I've fixed it. Took graphics card apart, cleaned all contact points, applied new thermal paste. Haven't been able to replicate problem since.

Solution