Question What is Going on With My PC? Graphics Card Issue?

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
For the past 3-4 months, my computer has been experiencing what I presume to be a display/graphics issue. Every other day or so, the issue begins with Chrome displaying the "not enough memory" error, followed by every open program crashing. Afterward, the display freezes for a few seconds (I can still move the mouse), goes black, and refreshes with the "0xc000007b Application Error." Other times, the taskbar icons will flicker and 'jump' around, and the computer will crash with a blue screen warning.

Temperatures do not seem to be an issue as I actively monitored them while idle and under load.

For reference, I replaced the RAM in January thinking it was initially a memory error. I upgraded from 16gb to 32gb and am still experiencing trouble.

My components:
  • EVGA GTX 3060 TI
  • Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
  • Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Am I right in thinking this is a display/graphics issue? How about an issue with graphics drivers? What do you think?

Thanks!

xNick1999

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2014
For the past 3-4 months, my computer has been experiencing what I presume to be a display/graphics issue. Every other day or so, the issue begins with Chrome displaying the "not enough memory" error, followed by every open program crashing. Afterward, the display freezes for a few seconds (I can still move the mouse), goes black, and refreshes with the "0xc000007b Application Error." Other times, the taskbar icons will flicker and 'jump' around, and the computer will crash with a blue screen warning.

Temperatures do not seem to be an issue as I actively monitored them while idle and under load.

For reference, I replaced the RAM in January thinking it was initially a memory error. I upgraded from 16gb to 32gb and am still experiencing trouble.

My components:
  • EVGA GTX 3060 TI
  • Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
  • Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Am I right in thinking this is a display/graphics issue? How about an issue with graphics drivers? What do you think?

Thanks!
Most recently, the display froze, went black, and changed image resolution completely. Only one of my two monitors would display.