[SOLVED] What is MemoryScale and renderworkercount? Modern Warfare Warzone and HIGH CPU usage fix!

Ben Ellis (AreX)

Prominent
Jun 15, 2020
What is MemoryScale and renderworkercount Modern Warfare Warzone because looking around i have found this to be the problem with the stuttering and crashing issues.
I understand that the Memory Scale is the amount of VRAM supposedly correct me if i am wrong.
And the renderworkercount is either cores or threads.

Someone who has knowledge on this please comment on what we should set them to as this will help all PC community Players like myself who have been struggling to play.

A fix i found for the high CPU Usage was to set the priority of Modern Warfare as Normal from High, do this in task manager or if you would like this automated i reccomend downloading Process Lasso as it is just an advanced task manager and will do this when you load the program.

Solution
The Memory Scale setting is just the amount of VRAM it allows your GPU to give access specifically to the game. Such tools in games generally only estimate VRAM usage by the average amount. Thus if set too high, VRAM usage spikes can cause problems. It's best to set the game itself to High performance mode in your GPU control panel before setting this. Adjust down until stuttering stops.

I have yet to see any guides that show a "Render Worker Count", (do you have a screenshot you can show) only a Render Resolution setting, which is usually left set to 100. If you DO need more performance though, alternatively you can set it to 90, and enable Sharpening in your GPU panel. Sharpening can introduce bright edges around objects if set too...
The Memory Scale setting is just the amount of VRAM it allows your GPU to give access specifically to the game. Such tools in games generally only estimate VRAM usage by the average amount. Thus if set too high, VRAM usage spikes can cause problems. It's best to set the game itself to High performance mode in your GPU control panel before setting this. Adjust down until stuttering stops.

I have yet to see any guides that show a "Render Worker Count", (do you have a screenshot you can show) only a Render Resolution setting, which is usually left set to 100. If you DO need more performance though, alternatively you can set it to 90, and enable Sharpening in your GPU panel. Sharpening can introduce bright edges around objects if set too high though.

It would help if you list your full hardware spec, as that determines what settings you can use. There are certain models of GPUs for instance that come with either 4GB VRAM or 8GB, and on the 4GB models you need to be less zealous with Memory Scale settings.

Solution

Ben Ellis (AreX)

Prominent
Jun 15, 2020
adv_options are as follows

// generated by Infinity Ward
version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.8
RendererWorkerCount = 16
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1

I have adjusted the memory scale to 0.8 as i have been told from youtube videos.

My pc:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GTX 1060 6GB Palit Super Jetstream
16GB DDR4 2400MhZ
1TB HDD
ASRock B450 Pro4
500W PSU

All my ingame settings are set to low and render resolution is at 100 (1920x1080)
I average around 90fps

And how do i set the program to high performance as i am unable to see that option in nvidida control panel

adv_options are as follows

// generated by Infinity Ward
version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.8
RendererWorkerCount = 16
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1

I have adjusted the memory scale to 0.8 as i have been told from youtube videos.

My pc:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GTX 1060 6GB Palit Super Jetstream
16GB DDR4 2400MhZ
1TB HDD
ASRock B450 Pro4
500W PSU

All my ingame settings are set to low and render resolution is at 100 (1920x1080)
I average around 90fps

And how do i set the program to high performance as i am unable to see that option in nvidida control panel
Yeah well those are obviously not in game settings, it looks more like a cfg file you're editing. Would have been nice had you mentioned that.

To run the game itself at max performance you go to NCP, Manage 3D settings, Program Settings, browse to the game exe and create a profile for it, Scroll to Power management, then set it to Prefer maximum performance. That way your PC will automatically run at max when the game is launched, then throttle down to idle speed when you quit the game.