[SOLVED] What is Microsoft Visual C++ used for?

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
I already did a google research but I'm hoping for a more everyday usage explanation? Do I need it? What is it primarily used for?

Will it effect performance, stability or fps?

Solution
ah ok thank you, do I need to install them directly or do software that require them automatically come with them?
Usually, a software install that requires them will include them in the install. I wouldn't explicitly install any (there are many versions), unless you try to run something and get a "DLL not found" error.

kanewolf

Titan
I already did a google research but I'm hoping for a more everyday usage explanation? Do I need it? What is it primarily used for?

Will it effect performance, stability or fps?

What you are talking about is not Visual C++, but the runtime libraries for it.
Visual C++ is a software developmen suite. Somebody writing software uses it to edit and compile software. When they distribute their software they include the libraries of the Visual C++ environment also.
As an end user, you need the libraries to run software.
Will it impact performace? Not having them will prevent software from running. So, not having them will.

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
What you are talking about is not Visual C++, but the runtime libraries for it.
Visual C++ is a software developmen suite. Somebody writing software uses it to edit and compile software. When they distribute their software they include the libraries of the Visual C++ environment also.
As an end user, you need the libraries to run software.
Will it impact performace? Not having them will prevent software from running. So, not having them will.

ah ok thank you, do I need to install them directly or do software that require them automatically come with them?

kanewolf

Titan
Usually, a software install that requires them will include them in the install. I wouldn't explicitly install any (there are many versions), unless you try to run something and get a "DLL not found" error.

Solution

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
okay awesome, yh i'll do that, just let the programs that need them install it. Thank you :)

I installed this AIO package and regerts. Should have just left it aha.