What is my custom pc worth? Please READ

dharris17

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Ok so I got this computer not even a couple months ago and would like to see what it is worth?

Specs
Case & PSU: Cooler Master Elite 360 w/350W
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Professional
CPU: AMD A6 3650 2.6 ghz APU w/HD Radeon 5530 - Disabled
Motherboard: ASUS F1A75-M LE
GPU: HD Radeon 6670 Memory - 1024 MB Memory Type - DDR3 Core Clock in MHz - 800 MHz Memory Clock in MHz - 800 MHz Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s - 25.6 GByte/s
RAM: Kingston Hyperlink Crucial 2x 4gb DDR3
HDD: Western Digital 160 Gb 7200 RPM - SATA-II 3.0Gb/s -
Disk Drive: Super-Multi LG Blu-Ray RW Drive
KINGWIN Multi-Reader - USB 2.0 - MS/MS Duo - CF/MD - SD/MMC - SM/XD

This thing is honestly Great, it is not super amazing but is really pretty quick and good for gaming. I have played WOW, SWTOR, Skyrim, MW3, Lol, and Other games on it on High to Ultra Settings Fine. Can play Metro 2033 on Recommended Specifications. I also have photoshop CS6 on it and Most all the games listed.

So What is it worth? I filled this out: http://www.gadgetvalue.com/price.aspx After I did it valued it between $700-$800 Used. Mine is only couple months old and has more stuff then I was able to put on the form.

So put your value on it or make me an offer. I want to build another.

remember that technology drops half its price every six months. this is true or more so for used parts. lets put it this way... my $2000 tower which was fairly top of the line a few years ago (i7-920, gtx470, 2 ssd drives, 1kw psu, top end mobo) is at most worth $700-800. in fact i would be lucky to get that.

are you planning on selling the pc as is with the current os installed? do you have any user data on this which you dont want to lose or that might be used for identity theft? normally people wipe the pc a few times or take out the hard drives. remember if you sell as is you will lose your game cd keys if you sell as is.

with some games and with a retail version of cs6 (not a torrented copy) you might be able to get more than you would without. remember that this means giving up your copy. you would lose out since the programs cost much more than you would get in any sort of tower for sale deal.

i would say you should be thinking $500-600 realistically. maybe $700-800 if you have a legit copy of cs6 going with it where you transfer the software ownership to the buyer.

I don't see this system being worth more than $300-350. You would sell it fast for $250 or $200, at 300 it would take a while.

All the parts are nice but lower end, especially the 160 gig hard-drive, and a 350 watt power supply is fairly useless for anyone that wanted to make a gaming system from this. Which they would not because it has an AMD CPU which is not as good for games as the i5 from Intel.