[SOLVED] What is my monitor's resolution

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I recently bought this Hyundai monitor which says 1920x1080 resoulution on the box, but windows keeps recommending me to use 1366x720 resolution, and when there is some text on the screen, I have problems reading it because it feels very over sharpened even though I set the monitor's sharpness to 0, what is my monitors actual resolution and how can I make text look more clear on it?
note : I tried googling my monitor's model but I didn't find any results about it
edit : my monitor is 24 inches
my monitor : View: https://imgur.com/ToyGWFJ

I couldn't find anything either. Download a free barcode scanner on your phone and scan that barcode to see if you can find out anything. I tried it , but the photo is at an angle. Maybe if you re captured it , large and perpendicular, I could read it. I suspect it is 1366 x 720.

Did you get an owners manual or a link to one with it?

An email to Hyundai support might be helpful.

Reactions: crapyahmad

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I couldn't find anything either. Download a free barcode scanner on your phone and scan that barcode to see if you can find out anything. I tried it , but the photo is at an angle. Maybe if you re captured it , large and perpendicular, I could read it. I suspect it is 1366 x 720.

Did you get an owners manual or a link to one with it?

An email to Hyundai support might be helpful.
I tried scanning the barcode with several scanners on a good angle, but none of them could read the code, I am scared that this monitor might be a fake one, but even if it was, I need to know it's actual resolution
here's a good photo of the barcode View: https://imgur.com/HU4nljm

the owners manual did not have any link to Hyundai's support page, and I couldn't find a support page anywhere on the internet, and thanks for your reply.

I use a HDTV in my shop as well and its 1080p but windows just doesn't like it. The same issues you are having, blurry text, etc. I just run it at 720p (which windows recommended) and everything works great. I fiddled with it a bit and could never get it to look right and just left it.

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I use a HDTV in my shop as well and its 1080p but windows just doesn't like it. The same issues you are having, blurry text, etc. I just run it at 720p (which windows recommended) and everything works great. I fiddled with it a bit and could never get it to look right and just left it.
Even setting it to 720P doesn't work, text still looks very blurry

I tried scanning the barcode with several scanners on a good angle, but none of them could read the code, I am scared that this monitor might be a fake one, but even if it was, I need to know it's actual resolution
here's a good photo of the barcode View: https://imgur.com/HU4nljm

the owners manual did not have any link to Hyundai's support page, and I couldn't find a support page anywhere on the internet, and thanks for your reply.

I was unable to get a successful scan. You could download a free program like QR Scanner from the app store and try yourself, though I don't know if it would be any more successful than entering the barcode numbers in google by hand. Probably not.

Anyway, I would return it if possible.

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I was unable to get a successful scan. You could download a free program like QR Scanner from the app store and try yourself, though I don't know if it would be any more successful than entering the barcode numbers in google by hand. Probably not.

Anyway, I would return it if possible.
I tried all that you said, none worked and they said that they cannot take it back, so I'll stick with this bad resolution if that's all I can do.