What is network 3 internet access

Lindley1630

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
All of a sudden at the top of my browser I get a lil box "Network3 Internet Access." I never had that before. It doesn't allow a clickoff and just stays there in the way.
Win7 FF 64 bit

Solution
Well I understand what you mean RunsWindows, I don't necessarily think this is the issue. That box should disappear and usually is attached to the task bar, not the browser window, and it certainly has no TV box advertisement associated with it. I would still check the firefox add-ons and see if there are any activated that you did not intend to be there.

Lindley1630

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

It is there all the time. Sometimes there is a little camera or T.V. symbol in the box. You can click on that and the symbol will go away but not the box. I started by itself and I did do anything to cause it. I have ran malware and anti-virus and they came up clean.

runswindows95

Distinguished
It's normal. Whenever you connect a Windows 7 PC to a modem and/or router, it will label the network something. Sometimes, it will show up as the manufacture of the modem/router, or give it the name of " Network #". In fact, if you hooked it up elsewhere, the "Network 3" will be replaced by another name when you select the location for the network: Home, Work, Public, etc.

Lindley1630

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I can understand that. But why did it decided to display the little box all of a sudden? The PC had been connected to this modem for a while before this happened. How can I get rid of the display?

By the way, thanks to everyone for the help.

chugot9218

Honorable
Well I understand what you mean RunsWindows, I don't necessarily think this is the issue. That box should disappear and usually is attached to the task bar, not the browser window, and it certainly has no TV box advertisement associated with it. I would still check the firefox add-ons and see if there are any activated that you did not intend to be there.

Solution

Lindley1630

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I am doing this for someone else, and he finally answered me. He went into add-ons and found an incredimail add-on he didn't know he downloaded. The box with "Network 3 Internet Access" gone. However he still has what looks like a little camera that is over the minimize/maximize box on the browser. It only shows up when he downloads an image from Yahoo.

Thanks again for any thoughts.
Richard

chugot9218

Honorable
Ehh, those things are included in installs of all sort. They hope the average user is just going to fly through the screens and not bother reading fine print or check box messages, and I am sure often times they are correct! Even though I keep an eye out for them I have missed them before, those advertisers are sneaky.

Lindley1630

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
The problem has been resolved. My friend downloaded something just before this happen. He didn't click on "no" to and add-on known as Schirmfoto. He deleted the add-on and now everything is back to normal.

Thank you everybody for your help.

Richard

JoanT

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

If you cick on the monitor directly below in the task ad it will go away: this happened to my computer when I updated my my Windows 7 last week