What is RAM Clearance?

Solution
RAM clearance is just how tall your RAM sticks are. Big cubical air coolers that sit on top of the CPU often overhang the area where the RAM sticks' heat spreading fins sit. If your RAM sticks could be considered low profile, then just about all CPU coolers will work. Some RAM models that typically come with big heat spreaders are G.SKill Ripjaws X, Corsair Vengeance, and a lot of other gaming modules.

I just looked at that cooler, I can't imagine you will have any fitting issues with any RAM.

kylerjobe

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
RAM clearance is just how tall your RAM sticks are. Big cubical air coolers that sit on top of the CPU often overhang the area where the RAM sticks' heat spreading fins sit. If your RAM sticks could be considered low profile, then just about all CPU coolers will work. Some RAM models that typically come with big heat spreaders are G.SKill Ripjaws X, Corsair Vengeance, and a lot of other gaming modules.

I just looked at that cooler, I can't imagine you will have any fitting issues with any RAM.

Solution
RAM clearance is the max height for RAM sticks that a CPU cooler will work with, without interference. This is only applicable to coolers that extend over the motherboards DIMM slots. If it's a small cooler, it' probably not a concern.

None of the coolers listed should interfere with your RAM.