Question What is the absolute best case for an ATX motherboard.

dg27

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Cooler Master Mastercase H500 M. Better airflow than NZXT H500.
Anyway, the choise is something subjective. An absolute best is hard to find. It depends to the components you will want to install inside it.
Exactly. I'm going crazy trying to find a case with two 5.25 bays that isn't too wide for my space.

So what's "best" depends entirely on your needs.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Dumb question. Can't be answered. I personally prefer the classic looks of a sleek black box, so my Fractal Design Define R5 is perfect. I can't stand the looks of the Apevia Gamer-X series and really dislike the overboard amount of colors and flash of most RGB systems. A little ambient highlighting is great.

But that's me. Not you. How do I know your tastes? You give absolutely no criteria. Rgb, no RGB, needs to fit tallest air cooler, needs to fit 280mm aio, needs to fit 360mm aio, needs to be white or black or red, needs to be silent or not, needs optical or not. Needs good back space for wiring, needs psu shroud or not, needs vertical or horizontal gpu mount, needs 200mm fan capacity or not, needs more than 2 stock fans or not, needs to be 8.5" wide or not. Needs, needs, needs.. ....

The absolute best case is the one that works best for you, regardless of anyone else's opinions.