what is the best cpu i can get in this board ?

fathimohamed111

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
mu board is
Hewlett-Packard 3047h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
and the current cpu is : amd athlon II x2 b24
what is the best cpu i can get on this board ?

Solution
Hi fathi,

I would really suggest getting a new motherboard and CPU and putting it into your system. That motherboard/socket is about a decade old so there aren't really any cpus that will be and upgrade.

If you can tell me your budget for a motherboard/CPU upgrade, I can recommend something. Even the lowest end CPU from the past couple years will easily beat the best CPU for that socket. Not to mention that it will stop recipeiving updates and you cannot use newer versions of windows.

apple_noob

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Hi fathi,

I would really suggest getting a new motherboard and CPU and putting it into your system. That motherboard/socket is about a decade old so there aren't really any cpus that will be and upgrade.

If you can tell me your budget for a motherboard/CPU upgrade, I can recommend something. Even the lowest end CPU from the past couple years will easily beat the best CPU for that socket. Not to mention that it will stop recipeiving updates and you cannot use newer versions of windows.

Solution

skitszo

Honorable
Its a laptop..... i wouldn't bother.... very limited what you could use if anything.. the cooling system is geared towards that CPU.. usually not much wiggle room.

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-hewlett-packard-3047h/

gives a list of supported cpu.s....