Question What is the best gpu for i5 3350p

Oct 21, 2024
Hi, I am new to this website. Joined to get help on what gpu to get as I am planning to move over from laptop to pc. I don't want to get a new pc as I have an older dell xps 8500. If anyone knows what is the best gpu to get for i5 3350p, please comment below. I have all the system specs down below that I know of.

Cpu: i5 3350p 4 core processor (i think the clock speed is 3.1 ghz or something like that)
Ram: 16gb ddr3 1600mhz (i think the brand name is crucial)
Current gpu: radeon hd 6850 (which i pulled from an old hp pavilion system)
Psu: Dell 80+ gold 450w
Case: the stock dell case (I've never case swapped it)
Motherboard: unknown (its just the one that came with the pc)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Psu: Dell 80+ gold 450w
How old is this PSU?

You could drop in a GTX1050Ti 4GB or a GTX1060 6GB into the build but I don't see an upgrade path that's worthwhile on your existing platform before things go to a negative return on investment and the PSU would be a point of concern.

Since the connectors on the motherboard aren't proprietary, you can drop in an aftermarket, reliably built 450W~550W PSU. You can look into an SFX unit since your case is small. However you're spending money behind a dead platform, since Windows 11 will not be supported on your platform. Windows 10 will be 10 years old next year, so you'll have to migrate platforms...which is why saving money for a concurrent build would be a good idea.

TRENDING THREADS