[SOLVED] What is the best graphics card from these two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2023
I'm trying to build a gaming PC and I'm stuck on which graphics card to choose. Should I go for the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 or the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT? Which one is better for gaming?

I am quite new to gaming stuff sorry😅
This shop is the only shop selling for a cheap price.
Any and all advice welcome, thanks in advance!

Apr 21, 2023
Both the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 and AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT are capable graphics cards for gaming, but the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 generally outperforms the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT in terms of raw performance. However, the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT is also a solid choice and may be a more affordable option. Ultimately, it depends on your budget and what type of gaming performance you are looking for. You should also check the recommended specifications of the games you intend to play and ensure that the graphics card you choose meets those requirements.
Thank you so much

I'm trying to build a gaming PC and I'm stuck on which graphics card to choose. Should I go for the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 or the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT? Which one is better for gaming?
The short answer is that the RTX 3080 is the better card for gaming and it's not even close.

There are questions that arise from your choices however because those two cards aren't even remotely similar in price so why are you choosing between those two? Those two cards are not rivals, they're in completely different performance tiers. The RX 6700 XT is two levels below the RTX 3080's tier.

If you have the budget for an RTX 3080, then you definitely have the budget for an RX 6800 XT. The RX 6800 XT is the RTX 3080's performance rival (they're like 3% apart), is less expensive and has 16GB of VRAM instead of 10GB so it will far outlive the RTX 3080. The fact that the RTX 3080 only has 10GB of VRAM means that it will be crippled by not having enough VRAM several years before the 16GB isn't enough for the RX 6800 XT.

I personally own an RX 6800 XT and it's phenomenal. One of my friends owns an RTX 3080 and we both agree that we wouldn't be able to tell one card from the other during gaming. They're both the performance-equivalent of the new RTX 4070.

Here's a performance chart from Techspot showing the relative performance of the RX 6700 XT, RTX 3080 and RX 6800 XT averaged over a 14-game test suite. I chose Techspot because its graphs are prettier than Tom's:
1440p.png

As you can see, it's tied with the RTX 3080 and they both leave the RX 6700 XT in their dust.

What makes the RX 6800 XT better than the RTX 3080 isn't just the fact that it has six more gigabytes of VRAM in its frame buffer, but the fact that it's an absolute bargain right now at only $520:
8326-front.jpg

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Pulse 16GB: $520

Even if you don't live in the USA, finding an RX 6800 XT that costs less than an RTX 3080 is extremely easy because finding an RTX 3080 that even just costs the same as an RX 6800 XT is damn near impossible.

Hope this helps you get a better idea of what's out there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.