What is the best Gtx 1050 ti?

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
The Galax is clocked a bit higher but with manual tweaking both should perform the same basically.

Choose based on price.

EDIT: There is more than one model, so the clock speeds out of the box differ but my advice doesn't change unless you just want to plug-and-play, then you may consider higher factory OC

Saber_2

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017

I wouldn't overclock it cause idk how to. But I just want performance wise. I found different sites that make them equal price so idk if the brand makes any different

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017

If they are the same price then choose based on the cooler and factory clocks. Or on looks, whatever.

You're highly unlikely to notice a difference between the same tier card based on factory clocks. The reference cooler* is supposed to be sufficient, so anything fancier is overkill unless you plan to overclock.

So if they're the same price, I'd choose based on aftermarket support. I bought one of the discount brands once (Sapphire IIRC). When the card died, I tried to get it exchanged under warranty. Their website said they did warranty exchanges via the vendor who sold the card so I contacted Newegg. Newegg told me to contact the manufacturer. So I emailed them, and they told me to contact Newegg. The two kept pointing fingers at each other until the warranty period lapsed. I just wrote it off as a lesson learned and always read the warranty policy and return procedures before buying now. Pretend you need to return the card under warranty and figure out what steps are needed, and how annoying/expensive it would be to follow those steps.

* Edit: What's a reference cooler? When Nvidia releases a GPU chipset, they create what's called a reference design card to use it. This can be thought of as a "stock" card design for that particular GPU - PCB layout, heatsink, cooler, etc. are all stock. The different manufacturer can reproduce the same reference design and sell the card, or they can modify the design to their liking and sell that as a slightly higher-end product. If you're comparing reference designs from different manufacturers, there's really no difference between the cards except aftermarket service.