What is the best NVidia card for 4k gaming?

Jul 28, 2015
I need something to replace my MSI 1070, which just doesn't seem to be able to keep up with new games and my 4k monitor. The lag is really bad. Meaning everything is sometimes in stop motion. (I already asked how to fix this, and only seem to be able to get people telling me to do things I have already done, both here and on steam)

I was looking at the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080, as well as the EVGA 1080. There are also different versions of them, so I am not sure which is the best.
I've already had money wasted with two bad sticks of ram and two bad motherboards, so I can't afford anything over $600.

I will be thankful for any suggestions.

Solution
Hey,

Any of the aftermarket GTX 1080s will be much better, there is a very small performance difference between them. I would just get the cheapest one with at least 2 fans.
On the subject of 4k though. I personally found the GTX 1080 a bit lacking honestly. I was impatient and very quickly got a Titan X Pascal, but there are good rumours about the RX 490 / GTX 1080 Ti, that may be worth waiting for.

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hey,

Any of the aftermarket GTX 1080s will be much better, there is a very small performance difference between them. I would just get the cheapest one with at least 2 fans.
On the subject of 4k though. I personally found the GTX 1080 a bit lacking honestly. I was impatient and very quickly got a Titan X Pascal, but there are good rumours about the RX 490 / GTX 1080 Ti, that may be worth waiting for.

Solution
Jul 28, 2015

I cant afford anything over the 1080, not now since I lost so much money with the 1070 and best buys stupid return/replacement policy. And I'm not super picky, I just want games to run smoothly and work with my 4k monitor. After a month of replacing bad parts( 2 sticks of ram, 3 motherboas, 1 psu, and now 1 gpu) I will settle for anything that works at this point

I decided to go with Gigabyte's G1 1080. It has three fans and was $595

Gigabyte GeForce GTX GV-N1080G1 GAMING-8GD Video Graphics Cards https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJEE9BG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_PZDjyb6JBB586