[SOLVED] What is the best overall way to improve connection to signal?

Mar 4, 2021
I was wondering what the best (cost efficient, clean, simple) method would be to get a better signal for my network connection. At my home, I have my Router in a room on say the East side of the house. I can't get very good connection from say the West side of the house.

When Tracing an ethernet cable along wall and door-frames brings the length of an ethernet cable to about 65-75 ft. from the router to say an access point. (want to use the better connection for multiple devices and as few wires/cables as possible)

I have Spectrum Internet and the router is on the base/main floor of the house, while the targeted section of the house to provide better connection to is on the second story. Unable to move current Router, and have best Service options for my area. What do you suggest I do keeping in mind a lower end budget?

kanewolf

Titan
I was wondering what the best (cost efficient, clean, simple) method would be to get a better signal for my network connection. At my home, I have my Router in a room on say the East side of the house. I can't get very good connection from say the West side of the house.

When Tracing an ethernet cable along wall and door-frames brings the length of an ethernet cable to about 65-75 ft. from the router to say an access point. (want to use the better connection for multiple devices and as few wires/cables as possible)

I have Spectrum Internet and the router is on the base/main floor of the house, while the targeted section of the house to provide better connection to is on the second story. Unable to move current Router, and have best Service options for my area. What do you suggest I do keeping in mind a lower end budget?
You may not be happy with a mesh system. If you use the mesh primary router, satellites with wired connection to the primary then you might be happy. BUT if you can't switch your primary router, or if you can't afford a complete mesh system, or if you don't have an ethernet cable for connectivity between the satellites and primary, then you just have a fancy WIFI repeater. Results can be poor.
Since you DID mention having a 75ft ethernet cable, the cheap method to improve your WIFI is to use an old router as an access point. Here is the sticky for how to do that -- https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-router-to-a-wireless-ap-access-point.966884/