[SOLVED] what is the best powerline ethernet adapter ?

detour1

Honorable
May 11, 2015
Hi what is the best powerline ethernet adapter that I can get ? I only need it for an Ethernet connection

Solution
Key here is getting devices based on AV2 standard rather than the older ones. I don't know how much difference brand makes I don't think any of the manufactures actually make the chips themselves. Most are made by broadcom or qualcomm neither actually sells things to end consumers.

TPlink is a well rated brand and you also see trendnet with good ratings.

Unfortunately the most important factor is your house wires and it is impossible to actually say which will work best.
I don't know about "best" but I've been using a pair of TP-Link powerline adapters for over 3 years (so I can use ethernet on my living-room TV) and they have been solid as a rock, still using them and they have never given me any trouble.

But as long as you buy any of the big-name brands (TP-Link, Netgear etc) they should be fine.

I don't know about "best" but I've been using a pair of TP-Link powerline adapters for over 3 years (so I can use ethernet on my living-room TV) and they have been solid as a rock, still using them and they have never given me any trouble.

But as long as you buy any of the big-name brands (TP-Link, Netgear etc) they should be fine.
Similar experience here. I have them feeding a hub in the living room then splitting off to TV, consoles and Sky box.

ktriebol

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
I have tried two sets, Netgear and TRENDnet. The Netgear never worked right. The TRENDnet always works perfectly. I may have just gotten a bad set of Netgear units, I don't know, but the TRENDnet units sure work well.

Key here is getting devices based on AV2 standard rather than the older ones. I don't know how much difference brand makes I don't think any of the manufactures actually make the chips themselves. Most are made by broadcom or qualcomm neither actually sells things to end consumers.

TPlink is a well rated brand and you also see trendnet with good ratings.

Unfortunately the most important factor is your house wires and it is impossible to actually say which will work best.

Solution