[SOLVED] What is the best q fan control setup for case fans

RuffRidersEvo

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
i am looking to make a curve for the best fan settings possible, i only game on my pc really, so i was wondering what is the best fan curve? And how do i ensure that the fans cool down after exiting after a game? Thanks

Solution
Your temperatures are OK. The fluctuations are normal, because some apps are running in background ( virus checker, rgb-controlling software like razor synapse, corsair iCue etc. - depends on your components - you can check it in task manager).

My CPU- and chassis-fan-settings are manual .... straight line up to 60 degrees and 100% fan. But that's my own preference, some other members might have different opinion about that. For my asus crosshair viii hero and 3950x my settings seem optimal ( at least for me :)).

simonyeeklang

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 22, 2011
download and check.
If above 50 deg C is a warning sign for CPU and GPU.
Clean the dust out from the entire system (compress air)
replace your heatsink compound from time to time (4 years)
listen closely to any changes in the fan speed.
Put the computer on the table not on the floor and not on the carpet.

Removing dust is prevent dust jam but also reduce chances of dust build-up that causes static.

RuffRidersEvo

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
download and check.
If above 50 deg C is a warning sign for CPU and GPU.
Clean the dust out from the entire system (compress air)
replace your heatsink compound from time to time (4 years)
listen closely to any changes in the fan speed.
Put the computer on the table not on the floor and not on the carpet.

Removing dust is prevent dust jam but also reduce chances of dust build-up that causes static.

while idle the cpu fluctuates between 30-49 sometimes 50 but it goes all over the place. Case fans during idle stay at 500-600 rpm, Cpu under load stays within 50-70

alexbirdie

Respectable
Your temperatures are OK. The fluctuations are normal, because some apps are running in background ( virus checker, rgb-controlling software like razor synapse, corsair iCue etc. - depends on your components - you can check it in task manager).

My CPU- and chassis-fan-settings are manual .... straight line up to 60 degrees and 100% fan. But that's my own preference, some other members might have different opinion about that. For my asus crosshair viii hero and 3950x my settings seem optimal ( at least for me :)).

Solution

RuffRidersEvo

Distinguished
May 10, 2014

would that usually work for most fans?