[SOLVED] What is the best way to remove a case stand off

Mar 26, 2019
I have the Thermaltake Versa H17 and there is one stand off that i need to remove and LITERALLY MOVE UP 1 INCH for my MoBo ( asrock b450M-HDV) to install into the case. I have used my fingers, plyers, screw drivers, ECT, but no luck the stand off just will not move. It is clearly just simply screwed in but everything i do will not move it. If any one can help that would be great! Thank you!

Solution
I bought a Tt case for a build for my wife, that is virtually identical to the case you mentioned. This one uses 5mm brass standoffs screwed into the side plate, and should come out easily with the use of a 5mm nut driver.

If you didn't do the actual first build in this case, you might want to pop the right-side panel and look to see if the person who did the original build used a nut on the back of standoff, or if the standoff is one which takes a screw from the back side.

I've seen this happen on builds where the threads in the sheet metal have been stripped-out, and alternate means of securing the standoff were necessary.

If you don't look from behind, you'll never know it.
I bought a Tt case for a build for my wife, that is virtually identical to the case you mentioned. This one uses 5mm brass standoffs screwed into the side plate, and should come out easily with the use of a 5mm nut driver.

If you didn't do the actual first build in this case, you might want to pop the right-side panel and look to see if the person who did the original build used a nut on the back of standoff, or if the standoff is one which takes a screw from the back side.

I've seen this happen on builds where the threads in the sheet metal have been stripped-out, and alternate means of securing the standoff were necessary.

If you don't look from behind, you'll never know it.

Solution