[SOLVED] What is the best wifi system out right now?

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I am looking for a nice wifi system that is able to get very fast connection throughout my 3,000 square feet house. Right now I live in the upstair corner of my house and lose wifi whenever i am on my phone and sometimes get drop connection when on my pc. I have xfinity wifi with up to 200 mbps. My router is the airport extreme and cable modem is Netgear cm600. I was looking into mesh wifi and I luckily found someone selling the Netgear orbi RBK23 AC2200 3 pack for $240 and didn't know if I should grab that or try to look into something else. I am really not looking to try and connect ethernet from the living room to the upstairs room. I've tried powerline adapters but the download speeds were way too slow. If you have any suggestions let me know and thank you for looking at this post.

Solution
You only need the cable. I guess I call it tv coax because another time someone had coax that was used for some other form of antenna and was 50 ohm rather than 75 ohm. Tv coax is normally rg6 or the older rg59.

Assuming the coax is all hooked together you can use the one by the cable modem and the one in your room to transfer data. Although I have not purchased them a brand called gocoax is very popular and fairly inexpensive on amazon. This is a moca 2.5, for some reason actiontec does not sell their 2.5 units to retail. The 2.5 means 2.5gbit. You should get 1gbit, even the 2.0 version give 1gbit but the gocoax units are actually cheaper.
Mesh is going to be far worse than the powerline units. I hope you used the modern units based on av2 like the av2-1000 or av2-2000.
If you have tv coax you can use moca and get close to gigabit speeds.

Mesh is just another form of repeater. You now have 2 radio signals that can take interference and in most cases you lose at least 1/2 the bandwidth. This is where you might get good signal levels but the quality of the data is poor.

NickMeister101

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Mesh is going to be far worse than the powerline units. I hope you used the modern units based on av2 like the av2-1000 or av2-2000.
If you have tv coax you can use moca and get close to gigabit speeds.

Mesh is just another form of repeater. You now have 2 radio signals that can take interference and in most cases you lose at least 1/2 the bandwidth. This is where you might get good signal levels but the quality of the data is poor.
They were the netgear powerline adapter PLP2000, I do have a coax cable behind my desk but with my xfinity plan I don't have any cable and only wifi. Will I still be able to use the moca adapter?

You only need the cable. I guess I call it tv coax because another time someone had coax that was used for some other form of antenna and was 50 ohm rather than 75 ohm. Tv coax is normally rg6 or the older rg59.

Assuming the coax is all hooked together you can use the one by the cable modem and the one in your room to transfer data. Although I have not purchased them a brand called gocoax is very popular and fairly inexpensive on amazon. This is a moca 2.5, for some reason actiontec does not sell their 2.5 units to retail. The 2.5 means 2.5gbit. You should get 1gbit, even the 2.0 version give 1gbit but the gocoax units are actually cheaper.

Solution