[SOLVED] What is the Best Z690 Mobo Under 250$

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
what is the best z690 DDR4 mobo under 250$

i have found some suggestions online but the things that every time is making me worried is user reviews in newegg and amazon , i always find bad reviews for every mobo and i'm stuck

MSI Z690 Pro A DDR4 (Non wifi)
Gigabyte Z690 Gaming AX DDR4
Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4

??

I'm Looking For Good Compatibility and Support
Good VRM'S
No Mobo Headache (Crashes, Bugs, etc ... )
ATX
Long Lifespan

Mobo will be used for Gaming

Remember DDR4
ATX Size
will be used for gaming

Thanks in Advance

Solution
If DDR4, then get tight timing/latency 3600MHz dual channel kit. As for your PSU, you first need to determine what GPU you want to drop into the PCIe slot on the motherboard.

If you're asking me about a Z series board for the 13th Gen, I'd try and get a higher tier board, with a robust cooling solution and higher quality componentry usually seen on pricey motherboards. I've been steering clear of MSI parts due to their incompetence with RMA/support of any kind. To also add, I would avoid the Pro series boards from MSI as well since they lack proper componentry. Yes they are a board nonetheless but they are built badly. One indication of cost cutting on the boards manufacturing is if you notice a very old Realtek audio codec/chip on the...

Lutfij

Titan
i have found some suggestions online but the things that every time is making me worried is user reviews in newegg and amazon , i always find bad reviews for every mobo and i'm stuck
Pretty much any product will have a good review out there and an equal or greater number of negative to counter the pros of the board. If the motherboard is going to be used for gaming and gaming alone, then you can look into bottom of the barrel style/designed boards as well. To also add, people who mostly leave a review of a product on Newegg or Amazon should be treated with a grain of salt. In some instances you need to add more than a tablespoon as well. If you're seeing Dead on Arrival mentioned in the reviews on said sites, then it's possible that an entire batch might've been afflicted.

Speaking of boards, what are the rest of the specs to your build looking like thus far?

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Pretty much any product will have a good review out there and an equal or greater number of negative to counter the pros of the board. If the motherboard is going to be used for gaming and gaming alone, then you can look into bottom of the barrel style/designed boards as well. To also add, people who mostly leave a review of a product on Newegg or Amazon should be treated with a grain of salt. In some instances you need to add more than a tablespoon as well. If you're seeing Dead on Arrival mentioned in the reviews on said sites, then it's possible that an entire batch might've been afflicted.

Speaking of boards, what are the rest of the specs to your build looking like thus far?
Thanks for Your Answer Man

i'm planning to use it for gaming

i5 13600K non OC since 5.1GHZ Stock is Amazing
16gb Ram DDR4 3200mhz or 3600mhz cl 16
Z690 , (Suggest me some good ones + tell me what do you think About (Z690 - A pro DDR4 non wifi )
GPU: maybe a gtx 1660 super or an rtx 3050-3060ti still not sure

Also can you suggest me a Good PSU ? for the build ?

for cooler the Deepcool AK 620 is the one , not a big fan of liquid if not necessary

Thank you in advance

Lutfij

Titan
If DDR4, then get tight timing/latency 3600MHz dual channel kit. As for your PSU, you first need to determine what GPU you want to drop into the PCIe slot on the motherboard.

If you're asking me about a Z series board for the 13th Gen, I'd try and get a higher tier board, with a robust cooling solution and higher quality componentry usually seen on pricey motherboards. I've been steering clear of MSI parts due to their incompetence with RMA/support of any kind. To also add, I would avoid the Pro series boards from MSI as well since they lack proper componentry. Yes they are a board nonetheless but they are built badly. One indication of cost cutting on the boards manufacturing is if you notice a very old Realtek audio codec/chip on the board, which in this case is an ALC897, it's nearly a decade old.

Got a link to the other two Gigabyte boards listed in your initial post?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#c=162&sort=price&f=2
I've worked with the Tomahawk boards(for both Intel and AMD builds) and they generally have the best of both worlds, reliability at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Solution

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018

If you're asking me about a ZZ series board for the 13th Gen, I'd try and get a higher tier board, with a robust cooling solution and higher quality componentry usually seen on pricey motherboards. I've been steering clear of MSI parts due to their incompetence with RMA/support of any kind. TO also add, I would avoid the Pro series boards from MSI as well since they lack proper componentry. Yes they are a board nonetheless but they are built badly. One indication of cost cutting on the boards manufacturing is if you notice a very old Realtek audio codec/chip on the board, which in this case is an ALC897, it's nearly a decade old.

Got a link to the other two Gigabyte boards listed in your initial post?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#c=162&sort=price&f=2
I've worked with the Tomahawk boards(for both Intel and AMD builds) and they generally have the best of both worlds, reliability at a reasonable price.
for PSU suggest me the best one for rtx 3060ti , i5 13600K non OC of course who wants to oc a 5.1 GHZ ????

secondly for Z690 and Z790 i see that there is no difference between some of them , just the price that is a lot expensive

i have found one but it's an MSI one : MSI Z690 Tomhawk WIFI DDR4 , what do you think of this one ? is it worth it ?

suggest me some between 250-260$ Z690 DDR4 that you have used before and it's the best for You