[SOLVED] What is the complete installation process of a GT 1030 on top of an integrated Intel GPU?

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020
Suppose I get a Zotac GT 1030. I have an HP Compaq Elite 8300 Convertible Minitower. I'm currently upgrading it and I would really love a graphics card on it because the regular Intel HD Family GPU sucks. My questions are:
1. Do I uninstall the Intel drivers, install the GT 1030, then boot and install it's drivers?
1.a. What would happen if I do that? Won't it just boot with the default drivers?
1a.a. If so would I just have to uninstall again then install the proper driverss?
2. Do I reroute my Monitor Connection (VGA as of now) to the GT 1030 (even without the drivers)?

Solution
Before I answer the questions, I will tell the process as it's simple. Pc off, install 1030, connect monitor to 1030. Turn on pc, install nvidia drivers. Done.

1. You don't need to. You could but it's just complicating the process with a lot of extra steps.
1a. Booting to the 1030 will boot with windows default drivers regardless of intel drivers because it has nothing to do with nvidia. There is no reason to be booting to intel but if you did it would be windows default drivers running intel.
1.b. You can't uninstall windows drivers.
2. Yes that's the simplest way as mentioned.
Before I answer the questions, I will tell the process as it's simple. Pc off, install 1030, connect monitor to 1030. Turn on pc, install nvidia drivers. Done.

1. You don't need to. You could but it's just complicating the process with a lot of extra steps.
1a. Booting to the 1030 will boot with windows default drivers regardless of intel drivers because it has nothing to do with nvidia. There is no reason to be booting to intel but if you did it would be windows default drivers running intel.

Reactions: W4Rr10R
Solution

W4Rr10R

Commendable
Apr 9, 2020

Oh ok thank you. I'll go back here when i have the GT 1030 and if I have any problems.