What is the correct model/type SSD for a HP Pavilion G4?

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
I have an HP Pavilion G4 - Model: g4-2368la - with 8GB, currently it has 500GB of capacity for a HDD disk.

Is possible to buy a new HD, but I want take the opportunity to buy one based on SSD.

What is the correct model for this HP? I want buy one based of WD (Western Digital) - I want from that company because for other laptop I bought:
  • WD Blue SA510 SATA SSD
  • 1TB of capacity
  • WDS100T3B0A-00AXR0 (shown in back of the box package)
So far it is fast as expected. Theoretically it is:

* Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SA510 SATA Internal Solid State Drive SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to 560 MB/s - WDS100T3B0A

But because this laptop is old, I am sure not sure about what is the correct model for this HP.
Please confirm if this model is valid, if not, please share an URL of the recommended product.
My uncle should buy this HD in USA and I live in other country - so is not possible make a mistake.

Thanks for your understanding.

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
>As with your other, almost identical questions, any 2.5" SATA III SSD would be a drop in replacement for the existing HDD.

Thanks for the confirmation, I did do the 3 questions because the laptops are very different

• MacBookPro
  • A very old Acer based on 32bits - I could assume that a SSD is not supported there and is mandatory use always HDD
  • HP from 2010

Therefore different companies and years of manufacturing.
So I assumed that perhaps was mandatory buy specific models for each one.

>WD, Crucial, Samsung are the default choices.
Agree.

>How many laptops does your uncle have?
The SSDs are for my laptops, but he is the buyer.